Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Going but not gone!

wise old Al

Many thanks to Everyone, marshals etc to make yesterday happen. Great day to RETIRE and stop being a pain in the backsides of my fellow class 1 competitors. I'm off to be a pain elsewhere. Watch out Morgan people!! Must admit will miss the banter and friends we have made.

Anyone want a very succesful and reliable Caterham for 10 grand (one "careful" owner).

All the best to the Lotus 7 Club

Alan Johnson *wavey*

Hi Alan

Lisa came and dropped the bombshell that yesterday was your last event just as I was packing up. Hoped to find you to wish you well, but somehow missed you - I suspect you'd retired to that four-wheeled drinks cabinet of yours *wink*. What a way to finish your racing career with us, though *smokin*!

I just wanted to say what a great pleasure it's been competing with you and enjoying your company over the past years. You've always been really encouraging to all of your fellow competitors. In particular you have made new sprinters really welcome, and this has been greatly appreciated by all of my family.

We shall miss you in the paddock and on the track, but I'm fascinated to know what your Morgan plans are (I have a lovely mental image of you campaigning a new three-wheeler - it would suit the goggles perfectly! 😳). If ever you're contemplating a trip to Cadwell, get in touch.

Keep in contact, come to cheer us on at future events and particularly let us know news of your imminent grandchildren.

With very best wishes

Andrew

Hi Alan,

I honestly thought you were joking yesterday *eek* (you have threatened retirement once, or twice before). Anyway, well done, a great way to finish *thumbup*. Good luck with your next adventure, and I hope you’ll be putting in a guest appearance at some point

Jon

Alan

Good to see you yesterday. I had secretly hoped you might hang on long enough to give me a chance to get the Fraser Johnson Fiver back.

Maybe see you next weekend at the Morgan event. As we discussed yesterday, I think you will struggle to find a better Club/cameraderie elsewhere.

All the best for the future and don't be a stranger. *wavey*

Neil

Alan, I noticed that you took a great deal of interest in putting up the awning on the ESV on Friday evening.......are you retiring to apply for the post of ESV manager!!!

It has been good to know you over the last couple of years, I have enjoyed the banter! All the best to you and yours for the future *wavey*