Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WTD: medium sized, low ins, 5 door tintop

Gridgway

Trying to help my Daughter find a suitable tintop. Needs to be medium sized 5 door hatch, reliable, low ins group all working with a few years of trouble-free life left in it. To be used for some commuting (Clapham to Beaconsfield), zipping round the country and going to Homebase.

Trying not to spend more than 2k.

Cheers

Graham

Not 100% sure. I was paying 350 fully comp for me &mrs mav. Ch2 outcode. That included class 1 business too.

Try some quotes from comparethemarket.com you may be pleasantly surprised.

Reg is kc03bdu and there are o modifications with the exception of the tow bar having been added.

Edited by - mav on 5 Aug 2012 22:32:49

A family friend is selling a Rover 75 CDTI estate with the BMW diesel engine and an auto 'box. He's emigrating on Friday so there may be a bargain to be had? The only options unticked when they bought it new was sat-nav and cruise control if I remember rightly.

It's a 2003 car with 67k.

P.S it's not all about insurance groups- its always worth getting a quote because some cars are unlikely enough to attract the typical young driver's premium (says the 23 year old with the old BMW 525i!)

Edited by - James_Russell on 6 Aug 2012 20:46:55

Dave, the seller (ex neighbour, dad's best mate!) was very vague on the phone but with the time constraint and the fact he doesn't have time to prepare it in any way, I'd expect it may well be havable within your budget which makes it quite a bargain.

Dad wants me to have it because it's more sensible than my old BMW, but I like my car and wouldn't want an Auto.

Desirable to a 24 year old? No, probably not... When you said mid-sized hatch, I thought we might be talking kids & dogs territory!

Quoting Gridgway: 
Quoting James_Russell: 
I thought we might be talking kids & dogs territory!

*eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

I'll check with Jen tomorrow. It's local I guess?

Ha! 😬

The car's in Banstead *smile*

ETA:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/James_Russell48/d3b804c5.jpg

Edited by - James_Russell on 6 Aug 2012 22:08:46