Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help needed with wiper wiring diagram

fred_gustafsson

I have an intriguing problem that someone might be clever enough to figure out. I am clearly not.

it might take a you a few minutes to analyse it so make yourself a cup of tea before reading the rest and the attached PDF.

The story is that I want to install an intermittent windscreen wiper in my seven so I built a relay box to do it.

I have unit tested the module and it pulls the two relays as expected but when i connect it to the wiper motor it doesn't affect the functionality at all, it just keep working as before. At first I thought I must have hooked it up the wrong way but i have double and triple checked.

Now to the instruction PDF:

Figure 1 is a wiring diagram before installation and figure 2 is after.

Looking at the Figure 2 in the PDF I cannot actually see how it could possibly work at all if installed like instructed. Is it just me or is the wiring diagram in Figure 2 wrong?

Can anyone shed any light over this?

Hi Fred, when you say that the wiper motor functions as before after you have connected up the box are you operating the original dashboard switch at the time?

I believe the idea behind the unit is that it is operated independently of the original switch to provide intermittent wipe, but is overidden by selection of continuous wipe using the dash switch ie the unit will only work when the dash switch is in the off position, as page 9 of your instructions states"the dashboard switch has priority over the interval circuitary".Wiring diag. looks OK to me , but I wouldn't claim to be an electronics expert!

Cheers, Brian.