Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DVA K16 upgrade

elan_fan

• 1 month later...

Bit of a delay due to other commitments but the Emerald is now fitted using a piece of aluminium 150mm x 220mm (just for info for anyone who's searching in the future) picking up on the original mounts for the Rover ECU.

It fired up first time *tongue*, and I have to say, checking the settings of an engine using a laptop perched in the top draw of the roll cab instead of messing about with points and mixture screws is pretty cool *cool*

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the DTH TBs last weekend. Re-filled with coolant (first time round had a tiny leak after a bit of a faf with the o ring on the stat housing requiring a new o ring and J hose). Fill is easy now with the QED remote stat.

Loaded map and config supplied by Oily for a K16 upgrade and fired up. Went through the idle setup as described on Dave's website. 😶‍🌫️

Got to glass up the airbox where i've modded it a bit more for the clutch cable and fit the throttle cable.

Pretty chuffed though so far and thanks to this 🙆🏻 weather I haven't missed blatting days due to engine down time. *thumbup*