Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half hood fitting

mikeo996

Just bought the half hood plus. Had no problem with fitting the poppers on the night cover, and think I have fitted the security poppers right on the boot cover.

However I can't get the new popper to fit over the existing male popper on the side skin.

Does this need replacing too? I have been supplied with what looks like a replacement with a greater indent, but how do you replace the original as you can't get behind it?

I'm also not sure I see the point. The new secure fitting will hold the boot cover onto the side skin, but the strap is held on to the outside with a standard looking popper.

Help!

I've got a bad feeling it's riveted on, in which case I think I give up and fit the strap to the inner popper, or bash the security fitting onto it with a rubber mallet, as someone on a related thread seems to have. If I do it's on for good!

• Area Representative
If its rivetted on, it only take a moment to drill the head off (hold the popper base with some mole grips to stop it spinning) and then either punch the shank through into the tube or carefully run a drill bit through to remove the rest of the rivet body - you could always drill a 2mm hole through it and use a small screw to fit the new popper base to the car