Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aces Shift Light problem

GasMan

Help please. My K series R500 shift lights failed to operate at Cadwell yesterday. On switching on ignition no initial lights and nothing whilst driving.

Trailered through some pretty heavy rain on Sunday and although under a rain cover sunday night it rained heavily all night. Now despite control unit mounted under scuttle the atmosphere would have been pretty damp. Back home today I have checked there is power to the unit and the earth is good all other connections seem fine.

After fiddling with the earth and switching on ignition I noticed the lights came on but very dimly. Normally they are very bright. This seems to suggest to me a problem with output from the controller. I can find no reference to this problem in the Aces on line support.

Has anyone suffered a similar problem?

Any suggestions. Could it just be the damp atmosphere?

Thanks in anticipation

Matthew

I can't for the life of me remember how to do it but the R500 shift lights can be turned off, change down light enabled/disabled and brightness adjusted all via the one button on the dash. You know, the button that's unmarked and exactly the same as the other 4 unmarked buttons that control the Stack dash. *confused*

Is it possible that this button has been pushed and turned off / dimmed the shift lights?

Adrian

*arrowup* yep mine can be dimmed using button one (on mine furthest left ),hold down ,press once for green plus all lights then press in succession to brighten eventually they turn off the start then sequence again 😬 *thumbup*

I think you can download the manual from the stack website *thumbup*

HTH *wavey*

Edited by - markiebabes on 24 Apr 2012 21:33:38

Thanks guys. I think this must be it as I had been fiddling with the stack buttons prior to the track day trying to figure out what each did. I think I inadvertently turned the aces off then today trying to sort it I have just got them working at a very low level. I will try to brighten the lights wit the Stack buttons tomorrow.

This club is so great.

Matthew

PDF here

From stack site *arrowdown*

The four switches are used to control the functions of the Display System.

The normal functions of the four switches are:

Switch Functions

Switch 1 Show the peak values.

Switch 2 Clear an alarm and show the last alarm.

Switch 3 Change the display layer and clear an alarm.

Switch 4 Reset the trip distance to zero and start the lap timer. The trip distance is reset after each lap.

Switches 1 & 2 Set up mode.

Switches 1 & 3 Change speed units to MPH or km/h (UK version only).

Switches 1 & 4 Reset the peak values and lap times.

The four switches are used to control the functions of the Display System.

System Configuration Mode

Switch or Switches

Functions

Switch 1 Decrease the alarm value of the parameter being displayed

Switch 2 Increase the alarm value of the parameter being displayed

Switches 1 & 2 together Enable or disable an alarm for the parameter being displayed

Switch 3 Display the next configurable parameter Switches 1 & 2 together

Enter Fuel Calibration mode (when applicable)

Switch 4 Exit configuration mode and return to normal operation mode

Fuel Calibration Mode

Switch or Switches

Functions Switches 1 & 2 together Enter Fuel Calibration mode

Switch 1 Decrease value

Switch 2 Increase value

Switch 3 Confirm value

Switch 4 Cancel and leave original calibration set

Edited by - markiebabes on 25 Apr 2012 08:45:21

Thanks Markiebabes.

Yes I got all that from the Stack website. But as I go through the menu options I cant find one for the aces brightness adjustment. I must be thick *confused*

The download manual does talk about custom preconfigured systems ie R500 may have options not covered in the manual and read info that came with the car originally. Of course thats long gone.

Any suggestions 🤔

Matthew

Sorted *wink*

My car has a 5th button identical to all the others which is dedicated to the Aces shift light. I have to hold that in to adjust the brightness.

Thought I would add this post in case anyone else inadvertently switches off the lights. *confused*

Many thanks for the posts putting me in the right direction.

Matthew