Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The proverbial Sigma rad

Pete-B

My second one as started leaking (after being told when fitted "these latest ones are much better", oh yea?

Anyhow I'm thinking of paying the difference and getting the ali one from CC. Two questions, is it a fairly simple job to do for a spanner and hammer man? Also I'm told you need to get a fan adapter for the ali one, is this right?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by - Pete-B on 13 Apr 2012 22:53:28

The Radtec Sigma radiator is very nicely made, fits with the hoses in the same places, and I was able to move my old fan onto it by using the alloy supports from my old radiator.

The welded alloy R400 Caterham rad looks good, but watch you don't end up having to spend more than you would on a Radtec.

Duncan

I have recently upgraded my sigma to the cc R400 rad with the larger fan. Its an easy swap and the new radiator looks much better made. CC gave me a much reduced price as the previous plastic monstrosity only lasted 18 months!

Only thing to note is the lack of a small bleed pipe on the replacement radiator, but its not needed and I had no problems bleeding the system on refilling.