Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Supersport Cooling Question

1360rallye

I've reached the part of my build today where I need to install the cooling pipes. I've fitted the fan and radiator, the top and bottom hoses. But I'm now left with lots of pipes and a a not very helpful Assembly Guide. BTW I've a heater to plumb in as well. My radiator only has top and bottom hose pipes which isn't what's shown in the AG.

Going to have cup of tea and hope that someone out there has the answer...

Andrew

Andrew,

Hope you enjoyed your cuppa,

Looking at mine now! Perhaps it's not the same as I have the standard top and bottom hoses but a small dia third rad connection immediatly beside the top hose. So my connections as follows.

Small dia rad connection, adjacent to top hose, routed to top of the expansion tank via a tee piece and to the rear of the cylinder head, under air intakes and between cam cover and distributor.

Hose from bottom of expansion tank to front connection on nacelle with tee to rearmost connection in side of block. (just behind bottom hose connection to block)

Hose from rear nacelle connection to top of heater control valve.

Hose from top of heater control valve to top heater connection.

Shaped hose from rear of engine block to bottom of heater control valve.

Hose from bottom of heater control valve to bottom of heater.

Suggest you instal the main top and bottom hoses first then route all the minor hoses alongside were possible so that they can be clipped together. Also clip to chassis members to prevent movement and rubbing.

Hope this helps and happy building, summer is nearly here!

Peter

Thanks Peter

It's the lack of a third pipe out of the radiator that stumps me. in addition to the two heater connections I've got a small pipe at the back rhs of the engine that I suspect goes to the small pipe on the expansion tank, a bigger pipe also at the back rhs which as you say goes to the heater. Then I've only one pipe emerging from the lhs of the block (next to the where the bottom hose emerges) which I guess should go to the bottom of the expansion tank (and I suspect have a t peice somewhere).

I did have some pictures sent by Sean but they were Supersports without the heater...

Andrew

Andrew,

If you pm me with your email address I will send you the photos which Sean sent me. With these and the manual I managed to work it all out.

The bit that foxed me was the need to create an oil catch tank which 2 of the hoses go into and is not mentioned in the manual, and the fact that I was missing a short L shaped hose which connects to the water outlet on the front left of the engine. You do seem to have pretty much worked it out though.

Regards

Mark

Supersport SV

I don't know if this thread is of any use but from the pics, you will see that my upgraded R400 rad (in my Sigma 150) is missing the third connector that runs to the T piece and then to the expansion tank and the block.

Looking at the the build manual here if you go to page 69 you will see "17 - Water Bleed Hose" come from the back of the block and run to "18 - Small 'T' Piece" if you Rad doesnt have the connector shown to allow the hose to continue from the 'T' to the part shown as "19" (it's not labelled correctly) then simply take the hose "17" and connect it stright to the expansion bottle as CC did with mine when they "upgraded" it to the R400 rad.

Hope that helps 🤔

Mike

PS The build manual is a 26Mb download and it would be remiss of me if I didn't point that out so instead the page you're looking for is here

Edited by - michaeljclark on 7 Apr 2012 23:17:20