Click here if you are having website access problems ×

QED Remote Thermostat Install

KarlH

Does anyone have some pictures of their QED thermostat install they can post a link to or send me please?

I want to be sure I'm putting the t-piece in the right place, given its size I'm sure it goes in the bottom hose on my (round, not flat) header tank but I've seen it installed in the smaller hose at the top as well and I'm unsure which hose is the return one mentioned in the instructions.

Ta.

Karl.

Karl, if you ordered the Caterham kit when you purchased it then the t-piece goes into the hose out the bottom of the expansion tank not the bottom hose. It should be a 16mm-8mm-16mm T. QED used to supply one for the Elise, assuming it was ok for a Caterham, but it was the wrong size and didn't fit anywhere properly. When I ordered mine about 2 years ago I told them of the problem and they made up a batch of the correct size and marketed it as the Caterham kit. If you want a photo drop me a BM.

Graham.

Graham,

Thanks, think that's cleared it up for me! it was the bottom hose on the expansion/header I meant rather than the actual bottom hose itself. The t piece is indeed 16/8/16 so I've got the right bits.

Cheers!

Karl