Click here if you are having website access problems ×

k series alternator/alternator mounting. help please

tonino

hi all

i have fitted a pace dry sump system on my k series . car is eu3, s3, LHD, so i need to relocate the alternator on LHS. i think std mounting braket should be ok (if you have one..) but i will need a smaller alternator because steering column has to fit.

anyone can point me toward the right direction?

cheers

Edited by - tonino on 29 Feb 2012 12:14:49

Tonino,

I have a LHD S3 with the K series, but I have the Caterham Bell Tank Dry sump setup.

Since the headers and steering is on the left and the gold dry sump pump is on the right side, I had a mounting bracket fabricated to run my Altenator off the front of the engine, with the altentor facing the block, i.e. "running backwards. Works fine.

Tom

I used a Nippon Denso alternator off a Kubota 4wd when I swapped to (rhd) K series power, it's much smaller than the original alternator, and coincidentally, I used the lhd R500 alloy pulley to get the gearing right. I fabricated a mounting bracket using 2 spherical rod ends and some M10 threaded rod with two locking nuts, and all seems well so far!

Try searching fleabay for Diahatsu Charade alternator, they are very similar. *thumbup*