Click here if you are having website access problems ×

stack speed sensor connection

johnv

can anyone tell me where the (non sensor) end of the wire connects to? does it go into the engine loom (in which case I probably haven't connected it back up), or connect somewhere else? (I don't really want to have to undo everything to trace it back if possible!)

thanks

or would the AP big calliper conversion cause the sensor to cease to function for some reason?

I think the sensor's ok, but I may well have messed up the other end as I put a new engine and loom in .. it's really the route to the stack that I need to check I think

or I may have put the sensor back upside down I suppose? although it looks to be inline with the disc bolt heads

thanks Adrian .. the bolts should come out ok, I think I copaslipped then, and they've only been in for 2 trips out!

My stack (standard Caterham) just has one plug at the back which seems to do all functions , the cable from the sensor must make it's way into this plug somewhere, or does it go straight into the plug?

either way, I guess it's more likely to be the sensor as that's the bit that has been off and on.

John, the adjustable bit of the sensor is the sensor itself within the locating tube via the lock nut, not the bolts that hold it on. I finished up with a new sensor and bracket. *redface*

Stack thoughtfully fit an led to the sensor which lights when it senses the bolt head so that you can see if it's working. Thew bad news is that the standard CC bracket covers up the light so that you can't see it. *cry*

The single quick release plug at the back of the display feeds a combination of standard Stack loom where some wires are spliced into CC loom and others which terminate with Stack plugs for Stack sensors. The speed sensor as the latter not the former.

Adrian