Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side repeaters

Boss Hogg

By coincidence I spoke to Sean at CC yesterday re the side repeater issue. I wondered if the new headlight/indicator position made the repeaters redundant. It seems the new headlight position is more of a European law issue and does not affect the IVA requirement for side repeaters.

Just curious - would a small indicator on the side of the headlamp shell be an acceptable replacement for the main under-the-headlamp one? I have both of them and as they're only 6 inches or so apart I was wondering if I could tidy up the front end.

Mine went through SVA (probably same criteria) with side repeaters mounted on the side skin just ahead of the footwells and just below the top chassis rail.

So, the answer to your question I think is - repeaters are required but position doesn't have to be on the cycle wings.

You'd need to read the IVA manual to be 100% certain - but then the tester may have a different interpretation 😬

repeaters are both an IVA issue and are MOT testable especially under new MOT rules My car was built in 97 and has passed MOT every year until now without repeaters BUT failed it's last MOT because they wher missing It also failed on operation of the fog light sw which onmy car had internal illumination with side lights on instead of indication on switch on Another issue with older cars is now lack of dual marking of kph and Mph on speedo.