Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma engine fuel pipe disconnection

Bert320

I want to disconnect the fuel pipe on my Sigma engine where it joins the fuel rail but the build manual states that a special tool is required to do this. Has anyone done this without the special tool and been able to successfully remake the connection OR does anyone know what the special tool is and where to get one from? (an idea of cost would be good too).

Cheers,

Rob

We butchered John's when we changed his engine. The locking clip is VERY tiny, we expected something bigger and tougher. Hard to explain but the smaller diameter has an "O" ring seal and when pushed on, a retaning clip on the larger portion stops it blowing off under pressure. We broke the clip on removal but a cable tie threaded through then pulled tight after pushing on seems a better job. Still on with no leakage even after "making progress" in Spain.

Good luck

I was keeping quie about this, as Peter says I managed to break the clip.

You really need to see one apart to understand how it clips together.

There have been a couple of postings in Techtalk which seem to make it sound as easy as prising the clip out with a thumb nail - don't believe them.

The build is a few years back but I remember detaching mine ok (I wanted to re route the fuel pipe) from memory there are couple of tiny holes on the side of the plug that attaches to the fuel rail & if you use a sharp pointy object to push in there it releases the clip no probs *thumbup*