Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SP61 ORT orange / white stripes - again ....

Stationary M25 Traveller

I had a good look at this car at Handcross today, very nice *thumbup*

I like the all alluminium rad rather than the ally/plastic one in my car & what is the idea of the extra vents in the sides of the bonnet? Does this new engine run hotter?

Also 175 tyres all round, is this to make it more nimble?

*arrowup* Mine is leak free (at the moment Ian) but if I were to have problems it looks like there is a better quality alternative that will fit in it's place, although the cooling fan is I believe larger on the 140 supersport engine.

I know legislation has brought on the change to the size & possition of the headlamps but I think I prefer the original "frog eyed" look *wink*

Hurry up & sign up to blatchat Doug so we can hear what you think about your new supersport. *thumbup*

Edited by - Martin Jeffrey on 6 Nov 2011 19:47:29

Hi Guys, at last I've managed to log on to Blatchat... it was operator error (wrong ID number). Thanks to all you spotters out there, I'd better behave myself *smile*. Hello to all of you who we have met over the last few days, sorry if we "blanked" anyone on Sunday but you all look so different in your "beanies" *redface* Thanks also to all for the briefing on Tuesday night prior to me collecting "the orange one" from CC. I dually checked the tyre pressures when I arrived home and you were right, they were all over the place, they varied from 31psi to 21 psi. Could it be a new way of completing flat floor set up *confused*. so much for the PDI Inspection *thumbdown*.

We both enjoyed the blat down to the L2B chasing Ian "Blat Meister"James along with the "Essex Boys", very sociable club with a very professional set-up at Handscross. It's not every day that (a bearded) Nigel Mansell drops in for a Cuppa!

I've just clocked up 400 miles in the Supersport since Wednesday, some restraint is still required. Some answers to your questions - 140bhp Sigma with Duratec air-box (hence the odd vents on the sides, ones a dummy). Light weight fly wheel, uprated cooling system (its all track oriented and based on the Superlight racing series) 13x6 wheels, the rears look a bit silly as the don't fill the wheel arches. Lamps are set lower which I prefer, it has less of a "surprised look". Tillet seats, which I reckon are just as comfortable as the leather ones. 5 Speed "Sprint" close ratio gearbox which I like a lot, 5th at 70mph is 3500 rpm. Trackday exhaust fitted at the moment for more back pressure while running in and 4inch box and cat bypass on stand by for plenty of "B A R P" when its run in *evil*. The Supersport was 2nd in Autocar's Britain's Best Drivers Car 2011. Here endith my first post

Hello! *wavey*

Thanks for all the info....the supersport sounds a really good spec. *thumbup*

I have had a standard sigma roadsport for 4yrs (kit built) & 16K miles & still love it.

If I could change one thing however it would be the gearbox ratios. First is far too low (bale out gear for when a sierra pulls a caravan up a hill) & then a big jump to second. The rest are fine & I like the overdrive 5th.

Your close ratio 5 speeder sounds just the ticket.

Hope to meet you on a blat one day *thumbup*

I reckon they leave it to DTA, and don't check them ? In my experience, the tyre fitters at DTA don't do what you ask them to do ( same as most tyre fitting places), and you always have to check and adjust the pressure. No excuse when supplying a new car, where such a huge variation in pressures could have disastrous consequences in such a light powerful car !! Room for improvent please CC .....

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
13x6 wheels, the rears look a bit silly as the don't fill the wheel arches

According to this supersport spec the rears should be wider *confused*

Perhaps CC Dartford should invest in an accurate tyre pressure gauge!

The spec you link to says "13" alloy wheels with 6Jx13 AVON CR500 tyres front and rear"

Martin your right, well spotted, depending on where you look on the the CC site you will find a different spec for the rears, one quotes 13 x 6 the other 13 x 8 *confused*. Nice to see CC keeping up their standards for attention to detail 😔. I asked why my car was on 13 x 6 rears and sales explained that the Supersport was only producing 140 bhp hence the smaller tyre.

The Supersport's power to weight ratio is 269bhp per tonne. the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S is only 267bhp per tonne... me thinks it has a wider tyre??

The press / demonstrator car also has upside down springs and shocks on the front... mine has them the normal way up. I have the SV so I presumed the fuel tank would be 41litres but I can't fill it with more than 28 litres from empty (just on the red)! I'm guessing I have a 31 litre tank? Referring to my Hand Book is pointless because it doesn't cover the Supersport *confused* and where are my half side screens, as on the demonstrator ☹️ I feel an email to Quality Assurance coming on *mad*

Doug - sounds like your sender arm may need adjusting by CC. However, it is never possible to put more than about 35 litres in the SV tank even if you run out. The pick up is above the floor of the tank by about 5 litres worth ..... they all do that !!!! If you had an S3 tank, you would get a lot less in ! Michael had concerns over fuel level vs gauge reading on his new car, and I don't know the outcome.