Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald Map -1800 EU3 K Series

KarlH

Right, I finally got my EU3 to EU2 adaptor wired up and the Emerald fitted to my car along with an LC1 wideband lambda.

I've used the base map supplied and followed the manual for the TPS & IACV setup and also made the changes to the AFR range as recommended.

Good news is the car started, but it runs a bit lumpy and smells like it's running rich plus there's a fair amount of smoke when you open the throttle.

Given my lack of knowledge and understanding I've not got a clue where to start in making it run better - I wanted to get it running ok before going to a rolling road so I'd not be wasting time fault finding etc.

I'd be grateful for any advice or knowing whether there's a better base map around I could use.

Cheers,

Karl.

It's been a while since I played with an Emerald but check the "Injector Scaling" I think which is in the configuration, it re-bases the whole map. Generally, if you have a map for the same engine it should be pretty close.

Also, with an LC1 you can set it to closed loop and it will map itself.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at it again with the suggestions made when I'm allowed back down the garage *biggrin*

Mark, it's non vvc on a plenum with 52mm throttle body and has blue injectors (think I've read about straw coloured ones but I'm getting confused!).

Don't know what cams are in it, didn't ask when I bought it and haven't thought about looking in the last year! Is there an easy way to identify them?

Ah, I am willing to be that the base map you have is for the smaller black injectors, and not the blue ones which are a bit bigger. You can always try to scale the map down...

blue 0280 156 024 192cc/min

black 0280 155 884 176cc/min

cream 0280 150 749 218cc/min

so in the Emerald settings you can say 'current injectors' -- 176cc and 'new injectors' 192 ....

worth a shot anyway.

I've made changes to the injector scaling as suggested here (and by emerald) and whilst the tickover isn't as lumpy it's still running rich with the exhaust chucking out black smoke when the throttle opens.

I'm giving up and booking in to emerald for a mapping session as soon as I've decided between investing in a new silencer or verniers....

Thanks for the suggestions anyway!