Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Additional rear lights

JetSepter

I had already fitted an LED high level brakelight a few weeks ago, but I discovered (note to self: always check these things first) that it was at least partially obscured by my Softbits Re-Bag once it was stuffed full. So I had to move it from its position between the lower diagonals of the FIA rollover bar to just below the top bar.

While I was at it, I thought it would be a good idea to add some LED high level indicators, which might stand a better chance of being seen in close traffic. These were slightly adapted from items supplied by Car Builder Solutions in Staplehurst, who also provided me with some slightly different cable ties, known as flatties. Unlike the normal ones, these don't have little plastic pawl boxes waiting to scratch my arms as I grovel between the rollover bar and the seat for whatever it is that I have dropped down there this time.

Picture http://my.lotussevenclub.com/Pictures/myPictures/tabid/481/UserID/2042/Default.aspx

Mmm! I seem to have a software configuration problem. This is the second time someone has posted a link to the L7Club picture pages and I can't see any pictures. Clicking on any on the blatchat names down the right handside doesn't help either. This with with 2 different computers at home running Firefox. I will try at work (just to check of course *cool*)

Edited by - Clousta on 2 Aug 2011 06:15:15

Billyboy/7heavensoon - I checked the link I put in. It worked for me with IE9. Still does. But thanks for adding another.

Petrolhead - not the CBS set you linked to. Tried those - not bright enough. Apparently intended as side repeaters only. The set I got were recent additions to CBS's LED light inventory, an amber version of the tail strip lights shown on page 125 of Issue 16 of their catalogue. I removed the white silicone covers, since the whole unit is sealed anyway, and Dremeled off the screw fixing ears. They were attached using black heavy-duty double sided tape.

Tim - mirrors attached to windscreen stanchions by two set screws, one using the IVA mirror tapping, and the other through the stanchion and then secured by a nut (no- not me!). Some pictures of the fixing are included in my earliest set of photos if you want to see some detail. I try not to use the mirrors as sidescreen stops, since it can throw out the adjustment. But the sidescreens are light: it's not difficult just to push them aside a little when I and SWMBO get in, rather than folding them back. Sometimes I'm even gallant enough to go and hold hers while she gets in... 😳

Thanks for the interest, guys. *smile*

Edited to remove split infinitive... what?!!!!

Edited by - JetSepter on 2 Aug 2011 10:32:07