Click here if you are having website access problems ×

chipped windscreen - MOT failure?

lowlander

While not a MoT tester, I have a small crack in the very lower RH side of my windscreen and I have had no issues. Talking to the tester WRT he said as long as not in his (read my) line of sight they're not concerned....

If you are really worried then get Autoglass come to do a chip repair. 10 mins and sorted sir, that'll be £1,000,000 *rolleyes*

I had the same experience as SM25T. I repaired a chip of the Seven's screen using a kit off eBay. It worked pretty well and and was pleased at the result. However I could still see the faint outline of the chip because I knew where to look.

2 chips on the Range Rover's screen: Took it along to Carglass (trading name of Autoglass in Belgium) to have the chips fixed under my insurance. Quickly and efficiently done, nice waiting room and coffee. Glass viewing area of the workshops - normal chuckle at technician getting in the wrong door and finding no steering wheel etc. The end result was a perfectly sealed finish on the outside - which is the aim of the repair, but if you knew where to look you could still discern the chip. This was possibly related to the time I took to get it fixed and the resin not penetrating much as a result.

However it was no better that the repair that I effected to the Seven's screen. in fact I think my repair looks marginally better.

So try an independent or do it your self.