Click here if you are having website access problems ×

An old EU2 inlet cam or just a distributor drive bush

Mankee

Would like one of the above please for an impending fitment of performance lumpy egg sticks to my currently standard cam'd K-series. I need the distributor drive bush to fit into the new cams, part number NJJ10001, but they have rocketed in price in recent years from about £7 to about £40 now. ☹️

Mankee, I had to do the same in the summer. Best way to get the spigot out is to hack the end of the cam off, then drill in from the back. The spigot has a hollow area behind it, making it possible to push from behind, rather than pull from the front (Matron *wink*).

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

1600 supersport race car www.racelife.co.uk

I do in fact have not one but two - one's in the original Supersport cam that was in the car when the "cam timing slipped a bit" - about 60 degrees *eek*. Cam is loose in the cam ladder so I assume it was the cause of the problem and it's knackered. Also there's the one I bought and fitted to a standard cam in the replacement engine. It makes sense for me to try to extract it before sticking it in the post - how quick do you want it? Yours for a donation to NtL btw.

Supplementary question: is the head u/s too? It was professionally ported before I bought it so has some value if it is OK. The other, undamaged, standard head and cams are... less valuable.

Thanks for reminding me I had them *rolleyes*

That sounds like an odd problem if the cam is loose! Have you inspected the the head and ladder where the camshaft sits and also the camshaft bearings themselves? It'd be a shame if that has ruined a perfectly good modified head. ☹️

I'm in no massive hurry for the part to be honest. I'm aiming to fit some new cams around the end of February. If it's hassle for you to remove the bush from the cam, then I don't mind paying for postage for the complete cam (should be less than a tenner), donate a few squid to NtL for you and open a can of whoop-ass on it. *smile*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...