Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avo's Leaking, Nitrons ????

k.russell

found front Avo's to be leaking . they have given good service. only the steel bodied ones. I bought them from Freestyle ages ago when i went to widetrack. Searches have indicated that older sets of shocks cannot be repaired or rebuilt. So do i replace with similar with same springs or should i use as a good excuse to upgrade to Nitrons. car is now used a bit for trackdays and is a big heavy VX 😬 so if anyone has experiece with nitrons on a less than featherweight K, input would be usefull. Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

Thanks for the replies, I will give AVO a cal regarding rebuilds. but would like some nitrons. Carl what springs do you have and what is the weight of your car, my car is around 580kg. i guess yours will be a fair bit lighter. Carl is this it here Hadnt considered the Quantums as i hadnt seen anyone running them. i know alot run the Nitrons now.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

Edited by - k.russell on 12 Dec 2010 17:08:33

*arrowup* *arrowup* 15 stone difference *wink* 😬

Longy as an ex biker like you, I would have though Carl would have kept himself slim and trim BUT no *nono* it is an prerequisite being an AO for Penns means you have to be a fat Bar Steward. Carl has only been apprenticing for a few months, but if you look at Mark (the long standing Penns AO), you will understand *wink* 😶‍🌫️ *cool*

Dicks

Saw blades here

How to drive a car here

Dicks *eek* *eek* *nono* *nono*

I am still giving Carl pointers on healthy eating and like Yoda I am slowly spreading the wisdom of weight saving,flat flooring and being a Fat Bar-steward *wink* 😬 😬 😬

I may have to look at upgrading to an Sv *eek* if the Chrismas eating frenzy is anything to go by ☹️ ☹️ 😬

Longy 😬

BTW Nitrons are *smokin*

Mark *wavey*

Penn7's area Stuff

R400 pure fun ( more so with Aero fitted ) Webshots here