Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle inboard Suspension fitting instructions

Mowerman

CageyH

How low is your sump?

Hi. Well, it's been 3 years since I decided a total stripdown, and start a major rebuild and upgrade. From what i recall clearence from sump was 90mm. Actually the lowest point was the bellhousing approx 70mm. Sold the SBD drysumped engine and the 6-speed gearbox. (In favour of Duratec 2.3 , sequential gearbox with geartronic full trottle shift. The car, - and myself are almost at the "finish line" *smokin*

Egil

Hi Carl.

The choise of gerarbox was actually not easy. I'd love the Sadev which you got, (- but "chickend out" i expect *biggrin*). Ended up with the 60G helical. (overdrive on 6th).

By the way, I'm just about to fit the carbon air box. (looks vulger *evil*). Wondering/thinking on the airflow *rolleyes*. Consider to vent the box underneath for a certain amont of air to escape thru vents to avoid to much air pressure at high speed. Probably I have to remap the engine, since the run in time was done using ordinary foam filter.

Egil

I had a new bracket made for the expasion tank so it fit nicely in front of the damper tower.

Nice to hear you are progressing well, ...it's quite strigth forward. Do you also have the superwide rear suspension?

Egil