Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec Head Porting/Polishing

Slippers

I've tried searching BC but i keep getting internal errors and therefore cannot find an answer to my question.

I have stripped back my engine bay to the point where it would only take an hour to take the cams of and remove the head.

I already have uprated cams so I am thinking that i might get the head polished/ported/flowed etc, maybe increase the compression to 11:1.

I know raceline do this, and at a competitive price, or so i believe, but i think they have a very long lead time, although i will enquire.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for companies/people who can perform this task?

I don't want to go mad, just want to get the engine up to about 200bhp.

Cheers

I've got a very nice ported Zetec head (plus big valves) in my loft that Ammo did for me... I'm just waiting for the garage extension to be done before I can get around to fitting it.

Receco - give him a call.

I'm going to have a 200bhp head from my silvertop going spare ... but I don't know when - I never have been good at .... timing *tongue*

200nhp is pretty easy with basic porting and some 285 profile cams (I have been running Pipers, but Kent will give similar power).

Phil Waters

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the link.

It is a blacktop zetec i have and i have the 285 cams that raceline supplied me ages ago, which i believe are kent cams.

I may have a friend who would be interested in the silvertop head depending on what you would want for it.