Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Megajolt

bstark

Just enjoyed my first weekend with the Megajolt fitted to my X-Flow ( really nice install by 7 Indulgence ).

Wow - really impressed with the difference. Way smoother, revs cleanly and quickly from low down, and pulls like a train straight past the point where power used to tail off.

It's also much happier in traffic, pulling away from little over tickover, and seems completely untemperemental.

It's already quicker (especially noticeable two-up) and that's with a safe map installed. Be interesting to see what a rolling road session will bring *smile*.

Sanspeed in Bexley have been suggested - anyone know them?

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

Hi,

Which map did they use - the generic xflow on the CD?

Did you get a rev limit set?

How did they secure the trigger wheel to the pulley?

I have had mine for about 2 weeks but not had a chance to get out much :-(

Cheers

Graham

Cheers,

Graham

------

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Puremalt - yhm re: costs.

Graham - Jon used his own safe x-flow map ("'cos its better" - so far I can't argue as it's great).

Pretty sure they set the rev limit at 6800rpm but I can change that with the software.

I haven't had the front off to see how they secured the trigger wheel. they did show me some lovely triangulated fabrication to stop flexing in the trigger sensor.

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

Thanks Bob.

Graham, I used the Trigger wheels map which is OK. Rev limit set to 6400 which is fine as I can get carried away *eek*

The trigger wheel is attached by drilling (carefully!) a hole on both htis and the pulley, tapping a thread and then attaching with a screw that's long enough to reach through both. After 3000 miles it is still fine, it was the suggested way .

Mind you I installed it myself with assistance

Cheers,

Windscreens... They're for poofs

Mine is a little Heath Robinson by contrast. The company who fitted it could not get the original pulley out without removing the engine as the chassis rail in front is too close.

Therefore, they reckon that the torque for the bolt should have been enough to stop the wheel moving relative to the pulley via a couple of spacers located by loctite.

Must admit, if I was doing it again, I would drill and tap 8mm holes in the pulley avery 45 degrees (I think) to register with 7 holes in the standard pulley - this would then give a vernier approach to lining up.

Cheers,

Graham

------

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Graham you get a surprising amount of vibration at the crankshaft pulley on a crossflow. When fitting my trigger wheel we had the bolts that held it in place to the pulley fall out twice despite the fact that they were loctited, before we eventually located it more perminantly with rivets. Mine was a non standard aluminium pulley, I would hasten to add, as I have gone over to a more modern grooved belt.

I don't know what crank sensor bracket that you have used as I know many folks make their own, but the one that Weber sell for the crossflow is very tidy and worth considering if you haven't fitted one. *thumbup*