Click here if you are having website access problems ×

roller barrel R400

paul seymour

Interesting, I need to upgrade the induction, i do find the standard car a bit slow to respond and I do want more sound, but on the CSR we removed these and fitted Jenvey tapered bodies instead and found a load (60bhp) more power between 2,500 and 4,000 revs, I know RB's give better top end bu I don;t want to sacrifice mid range, does anyone have any direct comparisons of an R400 on RB's vs

R400's with Tapered Jenvey's?

Edited by - taffyracer on 20 Jun 2012 20:01:52

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting Hanns Per: 
very interesting so much more power between 2500 and 4000 RPM could you give us more detailed information about your installation, how does it fit under the bonnet.

Thank You Hanns Per

my Caterham

Well I was racing at Pembrey and just struggled with coming out of hairpins, it was a direct replacement, no issues with fitment, if anything it took up less space and we had to buy a large filter, top end was not as buzzy but for me it was all about low down-mid range and the tapered bodies were dramatically better for this we found

Hello John, To keep those little barrells balanced and growling along nicely all you need is a multimeter and air flow meter and the instructions from Caterham as per this thread on BC here .... *arrowright* http://www.blatchat.com/T.asp?id=56472. You can find some photos of the proceedure on the Minster web site but go by the CC figures.

If you get thsoe items soon you could take the measurements of air draw and TPS as set by CC and use them as a reference for all future checks you do.

Its easy to do and fun to be able to keep it all in trim with your servicing (if you do your own of course). My 1800K had the full R upgrade before I bought her and it is true that 24 ish mpg is typical on barrells. The roar and tug is worth the extra pennies though. Have fun

*wavey*