Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Subaru Impreza WRX 5 Door Wagon (51 Plate)

spiderlane

Hi All,

It is with reluctance that I'm selling my Impreza WRX Wagon. I am the 2nd owner of this car from new and have owned it since February 2005. I looked long and hard when I bought it to find one which was unmolested and hadn't been owned by any boy racers. I travelled to Hull (from Surrey) to collect this one from a family man who cherished it.

Here are the details :

* 2001 51 plate Subaru Impreza WRX 5 Door Wagon in WR Blue ("Bugeye")

* 82,500 miles

* Full Main Dealer Subaru Service history from new

* Only 2 owners

* OZ Superleggera gold wheels

* ScoobySport back box (sounds fantastic). ScoobySport centre section and downpipe also included in sale (but currently not fitted to the car)

* 4 new tyres (Toyo Proxes) in March this year

* New discs and pads all round at the beginning of the year

* Tracker "Retrieve"

* MOT until January 7th 2011

* Tax until 31st December 2010

* Bodywork condition is good with some stone chips and car park dings as you'd expect.

* Photos here...

* Price : £3,800

This is of the best cars I've ever owned (other than the 7 obviously!) and certainly the most reliable. It has simply never gone wrong and mechanically/electrically everything works perfectly. It's an absolute hoot to drive and pulls like a train. I'm confident the next owner will love it as much as I have over the last 5 and a half years, the combination of the fantastic flat four and handling still always leaves me grinning.

If you want any more information or pics, please get in touch at markelane AT yahoo DOT com.

Thanks for looking,

Mark

Edited by - spiderlane on 20 Sep 2010 21:42:04

These are simply brilliant cars - I've got a 125K miles classic, virtually nothing has gone wrong with it - aside from routine servicing I've spent on average £120 a year, the bulk of it on 2 cambelt services at 60 and 120K. This car will have had the cambelt done I presume, new owner can look forward to getting up to my mileage before needing anything spending.

(and it loves Toyo proxes, good choice)

If I didn't already have one, I'd bite your arm off!

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B

That's an awful lot of car for the money- and it looks very well looked after for an 80k miler. I can vouch that the Scoobysport exhaust note is 🥰 🥰 🥰. We used to get 25/26mpg day-to-day with ours....., although this used to dip alarmingly into the teens when driven 'with spirit' *smile*. But I'd have another in an instant if I could find a similarly loved classic-shape saloon (....and Mrs f would let me).

BTTT and good luck with the sale.

ref mpg, the best I've had is 36.5 (driving like a granny), typical long run on a motorway is 30/ 31, normal everyday average is 28-30, dropping to 25 or worse when booted.

If you're consistently getting low 20's or worse I'd suggest the wallet is less at risk than the driving licence... 😬 😬

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B

I recently picked up a cheapie 03 PPP wagon with 90k on the clock, a bit of tidying needed but mechanically very good. I haven't done many miles in in yet but it is very entertaining (and the Prodrive exhaust sounds great!) but I swear I can see the fuel gauge falling when I drive it hard 😬

Edited to add - this one looks much nicer condition than mine I love the colour! Lots of fun for a small outlay - perfect winter blatmobile!

Solent Se7ens Web!

Edited by - Grubbster on 21 Sep 2010 17:41:45

• 2 weeks later...