Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lowered floor + leather seats

MBB

When fitting the drivers seat I found it almost impossible to slide the set fully forward to insert the rear bolts since the handle is exactly level with a structual member running across the cockpit - before I fit the passenger seat does anyone know if it is possible to bend this handle up so it clears, or am I stuck with a limited adjustment range *confused*

Roadsport 125 SV build started

Photos on flickr

Build Diary

I have lowered floors and leather seats in an SV

My handle just goes over the top of the cross member, you may have to bend it.

Unwary passengers have to be warned not to catch a finger between the handle and the crossmember

Alternatively, bend it down and mine would go through one of the holes in the Floor support angle (rivetted to cross member)

Don't think I have lost any adjustment

Rik

Roadsport SV 1.6 Sigma 150

in Viper Blue here

Edited by - Windy Corner on 30 Aug 2010 19:25:44

I may have to bend the lever - the drivers side was almost exactly in line with the bottom of the cross member (ie with the seat all the way forward there was no way to release the lever - I had to jiggle the mechanism to get it back, having a friend round helped). I didn't help that there were no pre-made holes in the underseat carpets for the bolts.

Peter - I've just got the font & rear wings, hood, boot cover & tonneau to do and I should be finnished - oh and still not got it started since I'm still missing the connector for the fuel filler.

Roadsport 125 SV build started

Photos on flickr

Build Diary