Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crank Sensor Offset

gavinj

Hi

Does anyone know what value the "Crank Sensor Position Offset" should be set to in a MBE ecu on a 1.6SS K series engine ? It is currently set to 33 degrees but doesn't want to start and will only briefly catch on the starter.

Many Thanks

Try setting values as follows:

Crank Offset Fine = 3.8

Crank Offset Course = 6

The above settings would therefore give you a CPS position of 86.2 deg

These values were taken from two entirely differnt maps, one for a K R500 and one for a K R300. Therefore I am of no doubt they are correct.

From some old MBE manuals I have:

The Course Offset must contain an EVEN number between 0 and 22. Increasing this number (by 2) advances the ignition (as seen on the strobe) by 30°

The Fine Offset has a range of 0 to 30. Increasing this number retards the ignition (as seen on the strobe). Note: the fine offset is not taken into account during cranking.

Full Terms and Conditions of this post can be read here.

Edited by - EFA on 23 Jul 2010 17:16:53

Gavin,

The offset value of 86.2 will be correct, and this is the figure you will need to enter into the "basic settings" in Easymap.

I am guessing the 9A4 has done away with the course and fine fields - it always was confusing. There will be some info on setting this up in the ECU manual.

Full Terms and Conditions of this post can be read here.

Thats great, thanks, I have a map for a similar motor from SBD which has the setting at 33*, I will count teeth on the flywheel to try to make sense of it but i assume the angle is the offset of the tooth prior to the last missing one BTDC ?

I am now happy that the sensor offset seems to be correct at 33* as it was set as anything else is most def wrong, it will catch and burst into life but as soon as the MBE switches to the running maps it stops, the short burst sound like it should. I have tried tweeking the fuel and ignition maps in both directions (cranking value is just fixed 10* and TPS derived injection time) but it make no difference whatsoever....can anyone suggest anything else to try ? HELP !