Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is it?

SPW

Just installed engine after gearbox refresh and connecting everything back up. There is a stub pipe into the inlet manifold just above the bracket for the throttle cable (similar to connection for a vacuum tube) with nothing obvious that connects to it - I can't remember ever noticing it before or whether anything was connected when I removed manifold. Can anyone tell me what it's for and should anything be connected to it!!

1.6k series with standard plastic manifold.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the replies but still confused!

Is the MAP unit the one on the front end of the fuel rail? If so, that is connected to a stub on the front end of the manifold. Immediately below this is another stub that is connected to the charcoal filter, so I have two connections to the manifold. The one I'm unsure about is at the rear end of the manifold, it may never have had anything connected to it but cI an't remember and surely it shouldn't be just an open to atmosphere?

Steve

Update - all fluids in and fired up last night but misfiring and wont idle. Touch of throttle and the revs seem to rise to between 2-3k and stay there for a few seconds before falling back and stalling. IACV seems a possible candidate so will strip and clean tonight but still concerned about the "spare" connection on the manifold.

Any other ideas?

Steve

Your revs are not dropping becasue of the open vent.

"surely it shouldn't be just an open to atmosphere?"

Put your finger over the hole to prove the theory.

• Area Representative

Steve

The pipe you refer to is indeed a vcuum take off and should be fitted with a rubber tube which goes to a small black plastic box on the bulkhead. The black box is adjacent to ECU and has a small rubber pipe connecting to the ECU.

The symptoms you describe are exactly what you would expect if this pipe is not connected.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• Area Representative

With respect Arnie - No it doesn't - It is a fuel trap and looks like this and is held by a bracket that looks like this. *thumbup*

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional