Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Noise limits Goodwood

steve hall

• Support Team

The sprint that we do has a static limit of 105 dB at 3/4 maximum RPM. There is also a drive by check which you could trigger if you are marginal on the static. Best check with the organiser though. I suspect an R300 will be OK. R500s and big power VXs are pretty marginal.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Hi Steve, I was at Goodwood a few weeks ago on a track day. Noise limit was 98db static at ¾ quarter max revs (approx 5500 revs for us). We squeezed through at 96db in our K Series VVC R300 with standard exhaust. I’m sure these things vary but might be a useful reference for you.

Steve

The sprints I have done there are 105dB.

I haven't had a problem yet with my x-flow and that bangs out a nice flame on the over-run. Plus the carbs make more noise than the exhaust (which is what they measure on the static test) but the car hasn't triggered any on-circuit alarms. Don't think I would make it on a 'quiet' day though.

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

At Goodwood, all track days are run at either 98db 'quiet' which is the most common or 105db 'noisy' which are rare...

however, all competitive sprint meetings will be run at 105db measured at 3/4 maximum revs 😶‍🌫️

Edited by - peterg on 23 Mar 2010 15:34:57

Hi,

I've done a couple of 98db trackdays at Goodwood and been OK. I have a VX1600 on a std exhaust. I got through the static test at 96db and had no problem with the drive by tests. The organisers are quite sympathetic and will help to get you through the static test.

Regards, Paul