Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DUCATI FOR SALE

Mark H

This bike has 21803 miles on it , last serviced by baines of silverstone. i have (somewhere!) its past history from its first owner to myself. It has never let me down and has always left me smiling after a run 😬 Any offer considered Mark *wink*

• 2 weeks later...

Would still consider - even if it had to go into storage until I get my licence. I understand the Superlight is quite a rare beast by ducatti standards. What year is it again, is it road legal, if so what year/plate is it on (something like a K-plate is it?)

Speaking of which: anyone know how a 29 year old like myself, keen to get into occasional road biking can go about getting a licence quickly (intensive courses etc). Moreover, who knows the current rules regs. about what bikes one can ride once passed?

Matt

Matt,

I did a 4 day intensive course. Did my CBT on a saturday where you learn the basics of riding and manouvering a 125cc 😳 Then on the mon/tue/wed I did road riding on a 500cc 😬 with my test booked soon after. Passed 1st time and jumped straight onto a VFR400 *eek* To insure certain bikes you have to either have so many years no claims bonus or have held your licence for so many years.

try http://www.camrider.com/ for more info.

James

CATERHAMWEB

Edited by - James Saunders on 3 Sep 2002 14:51:21

Its finaly sold hurah 😬 *thumbup* *smile* thanks for the interrest guys i have let it go for £2200, and that was after i had found all its history and boy did i spend a few quid on her upgraditas is not confined to cars only *tongue* still its gone *thumbup* Now whos got an FIA bar for sale 🤔

breathing heavily , the cross flow that is 62000 and still going ,just!

Well Done Marc glad to hear it went to a good home. Basically in a few months when I've a) looked into the bike scene in a bit more detail and b) got some training and insurance under my belt I would have been in more of a position to snap it up. In the mean time let me know if you spot any others like it in equally good mechanical order. And I still love the later Duke 748s but I was very tempted at the Superlight after reading some rave reviews on it.

Matthew

ms81@cant.ac.uk