Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sequential box for 55 plate (11/05) CSR260

DMorris

Thanks for that.

What are the options available for the box itself ?

Will the R500 caterham/quaife fit? / Are there other manufacturers who make one that would fit as an alternative?

Given the costs, are there ever second hand sequential boxes about or are they like rocking horse sh~*?

Cheers

Dean

The main options for the box are ratios but also whether you want a tapped hole for an external oil cooler (as used in the race Ginnetas). I had mine modified later to put a shorter input shaft in to move the engine back 20mm along with the Raceline bellhousing and engine mounts. *cool* These boxes are selling in (relatively) large numbers in a variety of applications and are lasting very well. It seems to be a really robust design.

I believe thge R500 Quaife is the same thing. The only other manufacturers I know of who make something similar is Sadev. These are used by Russel of RS Performance in the V6 engined cars. I think they are a bit lighter but even more expensive than Quaife. No idea on their reliability.

I have seen the occasional Quaife box on the used market but they are still strong money.

Hope this helps.