Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6

gavinj

Hi

I currently have a 1988 205 Gti 1.6 in virtually concourse original condition, I am currently looking for a tow car as I have bought a Caterham for competing at speed events this year so will be looking to sell the 205 soon as I don't have the garage space for it so I was wondering if anyone here may be interested in buying it.

It was bought new by a couple in 1988 and was bought from them by a friend of mine who did nothing with it for a year except having the paintwork refreshed and leave it in the garage, before I purchased it off him. It's in stunning condition both inside and out and has a large history file with all (absolutely 100% complete) invoices. all MOT's and history including the original bill of sale and a letter from the first owner detailing everything, all handbooks are present and it still has the original Phillips radio. I spent time going from end to end and replacing anything mechanical that was tired or worn, the list is huge and includes, spring, dampers, bushes and mounts, driveshafts, tyres, exhaust, wheel bearings, drums, shoes, cylinders, hoses and lines, discs and pads, vacuum advance unit and hose, radiator, link pipe, ALL fluids….the list goes on and all to the OE specification.

It is so good I have been using it for commuting and has covered 10K trouble free fun miles with me and returns 38mpg on my daily 70 mile round trip. It has just turned 100K miles and uses no oil or water between services whatsoever. Absolutely everything is as it should be and works as new, the only negative point is the drivers seat bolster has gone 'flat'. It has MOT 'till May and 11 months tax.

Offers around £2000

Can send pics by mail to any interested parties

01256 782774

Gavin Johnson