Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel filler caps.

Cannonball Bob

No 😔

They're a special design designed to match up with the filler neck used on the injection tank.

The filler neck on 'proper' cars is a simple bent hose so you'll find a 'standard' aero cap available from all kinds of suppliers will fit with nothing more technical than a jubilee clip.

CC used to do them for non injection cars but I've no idea if that's still the case.

Adrian

You may have an issue with the connecting pipe - I changed from a carb tank to an injection one and the inlet pipe is smaller on the new injection tank. I had to modify the funnel part of my filler with a smaller pipe (half way between the difference) and use a pipe that could be clamped up. It isn't ideal. The inlet position is also slightly different on the injection and you'll have that long solid pipe as part of the new filler which may not line up with the inlet on a carb tank.

I would talk to ThinkAuto about getting the funnel the right size to suit the tank inlet pipe size - might be wise to lift your boot and measure yours (I think carb = 2 1/4", but it's been a while, so please check.)

Another tip is to get one which is small enough (i.e. the bit you see on the outside) that would allow you to swap the funnel part to suit injection at a later date if you ever thing of going the route of a Zetec on TB's (you know you want to 😬)

Phil Waters

• Area Representative

Hi Bob, there is a Newton aero cap avaialable from Caterham for for 7s with carbs, but for some reason it's tucked away on their site and doesn't come up on a search for 'fuel', 'cap', 'filler', or anything at all really.

See previous thread on the subject here a few months back *thumbup*

Cruds