Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raceline Zetec Omex 3D Map

Eugene

Anyone adjusted their 3D Map for the 2L Raceline Zetec?

I had a rolling road session yesterday and the advance droped to 14 deg at approx 2000 - 3000 rpm, light throttle, from an idle advance of 22 deg.

Peter, who runs the rolling road at Wilshires garage, Wimpole, herts, said this was way too low - and he know his stuff!

Would love to see other's maps...

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

Co-founder of the BOG Club

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Have spoken to Raceline and Omex, and it looks like I had the wrong map - totally different to the new one I've been supplied... no idea why.

Chris at Raceline says they run the same ignition map (I'm on carbs) for all spec engines, but is spending this week going over everything again, so there may be some updates coming.

The new map works a lot better 😬

Will keep you informed.

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Eugene

map_original_wrong.jpg is the Raceline map for the standard Blacktop ZETEC running carbs with standard cams and no head work/porting done. This map was origionaly named Raceline Zetec Ign.OMEX 600.VO.70.cal and my car ran 163BHP on 40's with that.

map_receline-omex_correct.jpg is the Raceline map for use with T/B's, RLF200 cams and head porting for the Raceline 200bhp upgrade of the Blacktop ZETEC. This map was origionaly named Ford Zetec Focus 2L cams and head tps on.OMEX 600.V0.70.cal

EDITED TO ADD: I Believe you can also use the latter with 45's as well as TB's.

Guy

Now with ZETEC power HERE

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 15 Nov 2009 21:07:38

Just thought some more about this...

Chris at Raceline says they only have one ignition map for all spec engines (Omex 200 only?)...

And the 'wrong' map very obviously has nowhere near enough ignition advance as it comes off the static timing setup, so I really can't see this being a valid map for any engine?

Weird!

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Thanks Volker, I really hope to ghet to the bottom of this. Will chase Chris at RaceLine this week for an update.

I'm modded head and cams, with twin 45's, so still not sure what map is best - but the TB one does seem a lot better...

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Hi Eugene,

sorry, have nothing else, but could you do me a favor and give me some information regarding idle and in special cold idle?

here are my parameters, I have a Omex 500. The problem I have is that if cold the revs are somewhere at 400 and very shaky, as soon the engine has reached the warm temp, revs go to target idle.

Howe does it work with your map?

cheers Volker

German Sevener in Scotland

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Volker - sorry, been stuck in a dark room in Madras grading an Irish feature film - don't ask!

here

Just looking at your data now, but not sure I can add much useful info as I'm not using coolant temp...

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Edited due to carp spelling...

Edited by - Eugene on 7 Dec 2009 21:30:27

I've been looking at the 3D Map Omex supplied as a replacement for the original one Raceline supplied, and have made a few tweaks, as well as adjusting some of the idle and tps settings...

The result is an amazing improvement over the original - far smoother and crisper, and real delight do drive...

Idles well at 950rpm, and picks-up cleanly from there, even with 45's.

Changed the jets slightly too - now on 60-f6 idles, up from the Raceline spec 55-f6, and slightly smaller mains (cant' remember exactly but think 140, down from the Raceline spec 145).

Hope this info helps others.

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Dear Eugene

the last zetec with 45 web on mod. head and kentcams FZ 2002

was with chokes 38

main 145

aircorrector 150

emulsion tube F16

pump 45

drain/bleed 40

idle 55 F8

and 5 progessionhole

here in germany 191,5 PS on the rolling road, runs perfect.

now i drive unmod. with only 40 the best, but i do only touring

Florian

Beschleunigung ist wenn die Traenen der Ergriffenheit waagrecht vorbei fliegen

Ah, yes - 5 progresion holes... I've been told about that, but my 45s only have three.

Anyone know what the spec is for the 5 hole progression version, and can three hole 45s be modded?

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Guten Abend Eugene,

absolut easy going, send it to webcon. They need aprox. 4-5 workdays and normal prof. rolling road service could do this also for you.

other are SC carburetor, Northamton Motorsport they much more in the Uk then by us.

i hope this helps

Florian

Beschleunigung ist wenn die Traenen der Ergriffenheit waagrecht vorbei fliegen

• 1 month later...

Hi Eugene,

Can you provide a copy of the final parameters you settled on for your Zetec map please? I am about to order a pair of RL200 cams to drop into my Raceline blacktop and would like to update the map to something tried and tested. I assume you are running an Omex 200? I have 45s with 5 progression holes, not sure of the jetting but I opted for the Webcon recommendation rather than spend an additional wedge at a rolling road. I really ought to take the covers off and confirm the carb settings.

Thanks.

Phil B (7 at last)