Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New tyres advice

Ivor Jones

I have to replace the rear tyres on my Roadsport. The car has Yokohama fitted at the moment (when I bought it) any suggestions for a better suited tyre. Plus is it advisable to have different tyres on the back or should I stick with Yokohama or replace all the tyres?

Ivor,

An ex-member has just given me a set of 4 part used Yoko A539's to dispose of in aid of NtL. If you're interested let me know and I'll confirm tread depths and shipping costs and we can talk about their value. Having collected them in the dark last night I think they are nearer new than worn out. Oh and they are 185/60R13 IIRC.

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear who recommends

Puddle Pet Care

Hi everyone, thanks for the information. Yes they are Yoko A-021R's so I think I will keep the same and replace. BTY I live in Worthington (near Ashby de la Zouch) I keep meaning to attend the meetings at Hathern but as yet haven't managed to get there.

Hi Ivor...If you have A021's on your Roadsport I would replace with the same. You'll probably get 5,000 spirited road miles out of them, but they stick so well, it's what the car deserves. I had A539's on my Roadsport before and the car's grip was transformed with the A021's. Cheapest place is probably George Polley delivered to your house, then down to Walkers Hi-Q on Narborough Road. If you pay cash, go when its quiet and the boss not around you might get them fitted to the wheels and balanced for £5 each...I did. Do replace all 4 to keep them the same on each corner.

welcome Ivor, quite a few of us run the 021r's in the area , some run the other tyres common to sevens as well, come and have a chat on the november thursday night up at Hathern, wont be many cars now through the winter months but usually a few hardy souls turn up each month.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

Edited by - k.russell on 5 Oct 2009 21:29:06