Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen

tweeky

Help, I have a RiFaeroscreen on my car but all i can see in the centre mirror is the back of the high level brake light. Ive emailed RiF about this and he has said this is the first tine hes come across the issue and has mentioned that Spa do a taller mirror but its wider too.

Does anybody run a SPA center mirror with a aeroscreen ? what view do you have ? and it the wide angle and hassel ?

many thanks

Tweeky

In a purple haze

Tweeky

Whatever the mirror height and curvature there will always be a degree of obstructed view: part of the rollover bar, head rests, shoulders, etc. The centre mirror can also obstruct view to the front under certain conditions.

Why not try running with the two outboard mirrors alone? With the narrowness of the 7 and its short rear, the 'wing' mirror alignment can be set so you can see other vehicle which are pretty much directly behind.

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

I run the wide SPA 'GT' sportscar center mirror on the Caterham. The original mount was 100mm tall (if sourced from SPA) and this caused a number of problems with stability and viewing angle. I ordered a Caterham-standard (as used on their screens) 40mm post from SPA instead (and sold the 100mm one). This works fine for me, but could actually do with being lower as I've got the old-style single-diagonal FIA bar.

SPA also do two widths of the center mirror from memory if that helps...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Thanks guys for the replys. Shorten the post isnt an option all i would see is the spare tyre. I dont have a fia bar so height isnt realy an issue.

Once again thanks

Tweeky

In a purple haze

Edited by - tweeky on 1 Sep 2009 20:11:11