Click here if you are having website access problems ×

nose cone lower screws/springs

anthonym

anyone know of a supplier of nose cone fixings that do not require a screwdriver to fix or release?

I seem to recall looking at this some years back, perhaps in here, and there are alternatives; much better ones if I remember rightly.

The problem is that now my eyesight requires reading glasses, I cannot see to use the stubby screwdriver, glasses fall off at the strange angle required to obtain sight, so I do it by feel and it's all a bit inconvenient - I suspect that's why one is lost and the other is the worse for wear (of the lower items).

Anthony

hi tweeky, I just did that, and it seems may have the winged ones but they are no longer used so in hope there are some in stock. More importantly they won't fit my nosecone because the holes are bigger for my screw type ones. I have ordered both so I can looksee whether I can use my ingenuity to fit the ones that don't fit.

I have considered using none, just can't bring myself to do it - it's chaffing damage possibility that bothers me.

Anthony

it's chaffing damage possibility that bothers me.

As it should bother any gentlemen of above average to moderate means. Can I suggest a trip to a establishment of impeccable report, for a better fitting bottom half here? 😳 *tongue* 😬

As recommended by The Chap.

BB

Edited by - Badger Bill on 17 Aug 2009 10:16:45

Edited by - Badger Bill on 17 Aug 2009 10:17:31

I ran without them for years. But the MOG nose cone I now have will detach itself at high speeds.

Rally Design, Burtons, Demon Tweeks plus many others have "D" ringed Dtuz fastners, which I now use.

For the same reason Anthony needs them.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

During my recent rebuild I bought a new carbon nose cone from a third party supplier. After trying to fit the new cone I noticed that my old nose cone was slightly different at the bottom and the new one covered the front lower wishbone bolts. This gave me a 25mm gap to fill as the Dzus fasteners just weren't long enough.

Firstly, as badger states, it's not going to go anywhere as I ran it without bottom fixings but i did support it with some closed cell foam along the chassis overlap which runs verticall along the side of the radiator. Since then, at the bottom i've tigerseale'd some foam blocks onto the bottom chassis fixing tabs...added a small piece of velcro....(did the same for inside the bottom of the nose cone) and now it holds it nice and secure in position and simply peels off when I remove the cone after releasing the top fasteners.

Just another idea..

Gary

Edited to improve grammer!

Edited by - captain chaos on 17 Aug 2009 12:27:52