Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Idle advance question for Oilyhands (although others may know?)

k80rum

I need to have a go at balancing a new set of Jenvey DTHTBs because my manometer is showing cylinders 1 & 2 pulling a fair bit less air than 3 and 4.

I've got the excellent DVA setup instructions to hand and have been reading through them to make sure I understand the process.

There's a part I'm not sure about which says

Make sure the idle advance is no more than 5 degrees,
How do I do this? I'll be turning off 'idle control through ignition advance' as suggested and the coolant and air corrections won't be adjusting the base map once it's up to temperature, which leaves (I think) just the ignition map itself which will either 14 degrees or 9 degrees.

Is this okay? Is there anywhere else I can check/limit the idle advance or does turning off idle control do the trick *confused*

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*

Just make sure the ignition map cell at load site 0, speed site 2 (1000RPM) is no more than 5 degrees.. if it is, then alter it either in the live adjustments screen (hit '-' till it decreases to 5, then press enter) or in the ignition map page(select the cell by pressing enter with the cursor on the cell, then enter the new value '5' and press 'OK'), then download the map.

Oily

I've got one more question Oily, if you don't mind..

I've changed my original value of 9 for this site to 5. Do I leave it at this when I go on to set the fuelling for the site using the coloured bar? If so, I guess it's worth leaving it at this value?

The car should be getting mapped on a rolling road soon so I'm just after a decent idle to get some miles on it at the moment

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*