Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodies at the Surrey meet tonight...

murph7355

Installed Pace dry sump system and Bel 966R radar detector.

You don't have to have one with the other.

Time of arrival will depend on how long it takes to drive out of a Tubeless City. I suspect I'm looking at 9ish.

Happy for people to have a poke around but you should probably bring gloves and disinfectant as the car is probably dirtier than PC's gets.

Andy

PS Word of warning - radar detectors do not prevent you getting stopped by the Police as I found out this morning on my way into work. Nice enough pair of cops though and they let me go after a gentle talking to.

I'd assumed you were still suffering from the plague. Or syphillis or whatever it was you were pretending to have.

It's running OK above 4k revs. Below that it's lumpy as hell at the minute and has a habit of dying at idle every now and then. Both aspects are mapping issues but can be lived with, and on track the 4k revs behaviour ain't going to be a problem. It pulls well above 4k, as it always has, but until I do some comparative track tests I won't be able to tell if it's faster or slower. Power is pretty much as before (but again I'd need to take it to the same RR for comparison).

These issues will both be addressed when I get back (general mapping for the 4k revs thing and voltage compensation map or something for the cut outs).

It's also popping and banging (to embarrassing levels. Almost) and using fuel at a hefty rate. Further mapping will also sort this.

The Pace sump system is working well. Hot pressures have been set at 68-70psi because cold under slight load (<4k revs) this gave up to 95psi! Stable though and no real signs of surge (slight fluctuations but not much).

There's a suspicion that my Stack oil pressure sender is reading 8psi or 9psi low though - a new low pressure warning switch that's meant to be 25psi (temporary - all they had. Am getting a higher one!) comes on at a Stack indicated 16psi...will test this when I get back too, but it might mean that the oil system pressures are near 80psi hot.