Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsley

magister

Apologies for not posting the entry list earlier in the week but work and other club matters have taken up my time. Unfortunately, we had 43 entries and only 25 places so places were allocated on the following basis:

I used the results from the current season and last year’s championship to determine who should have an entry. However, whilst ensuring the top drivers from each class are present I put the remaining names in a hat (see note 4 below) to give everyone who has entered a chance to compete. My reasoning behind this is as follows:

1. Whilst our championship is about having fun it is also about motor sport and therefore I have let the driver’s performance dictate the entry list.

2. We need to put on a show for the MAC as the events at Shelsey Walsh attract a large number of paying spectators, the top drivers will help us to achieve this objective.

3. By having the top drivers in each class present it will ensure good competition with no 'easy' championship points on offer.

4. Anyone who competed last year and does not qualify as a top driver in a class will initially be excluded from the draw to allow others the opportunity to compete. This year there are 9 competitors competing at Shelsley Walsh for the first time

If you object to this process then please raise this at the Tech Forum later in the year when we can look at alternatives.

The entry list is as follows:

Class 1

Alistair Gibbins

Ian Keen

Michael Burnham

Andrew Willoughby

Matthew Willoughby

Class 2

Richard Price

Graham Howard

Matthew Jenkins

Robert Spencer

Class 3

Gary Frost

Michael Sankey

Robin Bracket

Jeff Smith

Joseph Bennett

Grahame Wardall

Class 4

Clive McCall

Paul Forster

Mark Durrant

Martin Sargeant

Lynn Gilbert

Chris Howard-Harris

Class 5

David Nelson

Kevin Evans

Adrian Williams

Class 6

Gavin Craig

Mark D

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 19 Jun 2009 06:25:30

Mark

Fair enough … I’m disappointed but I understand your position and the need to apply a seeding system to the entrants.

I cant see anybody dropping out but is there a reserve list?

Cheers,

Graham.

Gutted still i guess we cant do much about it with a limited slot ☹️

Is there any point in applying for Loton ?

Cant understand why only 3 cars have been selected for class 5 !

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 Carl Van Baars *thumbup*

Carl

The number of each cars in each depends on how many applied. The breakdown of applications to entries is as follows:

Class 1 9 applied 5 places allocated

Class 2 8 to 4

Class 3 10 to 6

Class 4 10 to 6

Classes 5&6 6 to 4

I would encourage everyone to apply for Loton Park and lets see how many places we end up being allocated.

Mark D

Dont take me the wrong way Mark as i am not pointing the finger at anyone.I know you are in a difficult position in trying to get as many of us into the races with restricted enteries as possible.

Just disappointed ☹️ as i wanted to take part in all the hill climbs this year as you know. I am also a member of the HSA and will consider doing some their hill climb rounds as it would give me a chance to race some courses not in the seven championship, like gurston down etc

Its a shame as i am sure i am not the only one who would like to compete at every round

Hope this does not come across as too much of a moan as i appreciate the work that goes on so the club have such a great championship, thanks Mark

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 Carl Van Baars *thumbup*