Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Kayak + paddle etc.

Phil G

Having just completed the 1 star kayak course I’m keen to get some river/lake experience but don’t want to invest in new kit just yet.

On the look out for a second hand model. Possibly a Dagger, Perception or Pyranha, ideally with paddles and spray deck.

-----

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

It is 😬 and has been back to the Gribble and Goodwood but I've missed on the last couple area meets. Been somewhat wary of the prospect of rain *tongue*

I take it Southwater is geared towards tuition? Are you a member of any of the local kayaking clubs? I noticed there's an Arun Canoe club but haven't found much information online.

Laurence

I must have missed you at the Gribble. I have been a coupel of times this year due to holiday, illness, rain etc.

Southwater do have a club network but I am not a member of that or any other as yet. I want to get some equipment first and have a paddle up the rivers, hence this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m pleased you went for the course. Keep me posted on your progress. I am ashamed to say I have not made any myself since completing the course. I blame work, but that’s just an excuse for being a lazy 🙆🏻.

Phil

Why does it always rain on me even when the sun is shining?