Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club Track Day at Cadwell Park - 14th September 2009

Jude

My thanks too to Geoff and June (from Mr "My number blew off, can I have another one" *rolleyes*) and especially Mav for also showing me how the track should be driven *smokin* (though in future I'll check that the seat runner is locked securely in position before setting off - heading into Hall Bends while frantically re-tightening my belts is not recommended!).

I've uploaded all my pictures here though only for the better ones have I edited the picture name to the registration number of the car - like CSR200.

(Not sure Photobox was a good choice for sharing. Anyway, if you see anything you'd like send me a PM for full size pictures.)

Edited by - Tony Whitley on 16 Sep 2009 08:17:51

Many thanks to Geoff and all involved in organising one of the most enjoyable trackdays I have ever been to!

IMHO the Open pitlane format worked extremely well:

1) There was no queueing to get onto the circuit.

2) There was no bunching of cars at the start of each session.

3) There was more than enough tracktime available.

4) Everybody seemed so relaxed and courteous (probably as a result of 3) that Debbie was keen to get out there and get some laps under her belt as well.

Brilliant!!!

Ian and Debbie 😬 1.6K SS Superlight #006

Penn Sevens Here

Another vote of thanks from me to all involved in the organisation and running of the day. It ran faultlessly from what I saw *thumbup*.

Thanks also to Roger for the loan of the water carrier for the occasional cooling water top ups required during the day.

I thought the whole day was fantastic and OPL made things so much more relaxed. Although there was a big difference in speed between some of the cars, this only occasionally caused a traffic jam as there was enough clear track to quickly get past.

Thanks also to all other drivers for good and courteous standards of driving throughout the day.

Cadwell on a dry day takes some beating and being 15 mins from home helps too. Roll on next year 😬

Steve

Superlight #63

I too would like to add my thanks to all who made my first track experience, one to remember.

Especially to Mav for the passenger laps, and Chris, Jason, Humphrey & Martin for an enjoyable curry 😬

I was the slow blue one, and apologies if I held anyone up, but everyone was so nice about it, I may have got away with it........

Will post some pictures soon

Rik

Roadsport SV 1.6 Sigma 150

in Viper Blue here

My thanks to Geoff and the team what a fantastic day.

We were the mad ones who set up tents on the Sunday night (no one else!), but were lucky enough to catch the end of some club racing that day. A Radical was very quick through the mountain section.Found a good local pub and watched bike racing all evening!

It was a long journey up from surrey but well worth it for my new orange R400 (replacing my Supersport this year) first track day. Good job I had a mate to drive home.