Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Can you make halfdoors from a tonneau cover?

dickbowyer

• Support Team

I have a soft bits for sevens tonneau that unzips into half doors so no reason you couldn't make your own out of a tonneau.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

• Support Team

Picture here. These are made from a lightweight material and the tonneau has 3 zips so you can have a full tonneau, a half tonneau + 1 half door or 2 half doors. It was made by Soft Bits For Sevens. The downside is that there are no elbow pockets as you would have with proper half doors but I don't find this to be a problem. I see no reason why you couldn't make the same set up from standard tonneau material and SBFS could probably do the job for you.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

SBFS adapted my standard CC tonneau to give me a pair of half doors just like Shaun_E. I don't find the lack of elbow room any problem but then I'm only 5'8" & 10 stone *eek*

Think it cost about £80.00

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

I was talking to All Wheel Trim in Witney at the weekend about making a mohair tonneau & boot cover. They reckon they can make half doors out of the lower section of a pair knackered old doors if required.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the internal moulded elbow area (i.e inside the lower part) on the doors are available separately?

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)