Click here if you are having website access problems ×

XFlow Carb Prob

virden

Had my 1700 Super Sprint (twin 40s) set up on a rolling road recently and it has been running sweet as a nut with 138bhp at the wheels. Yesterday went for a blat and all was well until I got stuck in town where I spent most of time below 2500rpm in 2nd. Regaining the open road I found the beast would not pull cleanly on anything more than half throttle and not get past 5000rpm, misfiring all the way with some back firing It was almost as if it was on three cylinders but all four are live. Is this dirt in a jet or something? Suggestions please.

I went to Santa Pod and my world changed forever.

Possibly plug fouling - I had similar recently which traced to a plug that had a/. got dirty and then b/. refused to work after that.

Have you got 8's or 7's (heat rating). It's more likely with the 8's.

I assume you didn't have any overheating problems

Dave

I have simular bhp from my xflo. Had same problems but at low revs. Always blocked slow running, yours sounds like a main jet, easy job to check and clean, It's a persistant problem I have and don't seem able to cure, I'm sure I could trace the blocked jet and clean it blind-fold I've had to do it so many times over the last few weeks. Am fitting a new in-line filter tomorrow. *smokin*

I think you are right. On checking the plugs I found No.1 to be sooty black , whilst the others were OK. Also when reving it, No.1 exhaust remained black whilst others glowed. Any recommendations on best fuel filter to fit?

I went to Santa Pod and my world changed forever.