Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear anti roll bar has no colour

Ben Fung

Getting the rear end done on the car today (countless measuring and 'persuading' of bolts 😬) but got stopped when I got to the anti roll bar.

The manual says that the rubber bushes that hold the ARB should be the same colour as a coloured dot on the ARB but sure enough there's not a dot to be found. Is there another way to know if I've got the right bushes for the ARB or vice versa?

The bag the ARB came in just said - Rear Anti Roll Bar 12"

Haven't had my eyes checked for a while but I'm sure it isn't a case of being colour blind.

No dots to be found on mine either.

Through a very sophisticated scientific process (colourful language and a rubber mallet) I discovered that of the two sets of bushes provided with the kit one fitted the front (red) and one fitted the back (orange). Said scientific process mainly involved a two hour process of trying to get bushes too small for the job fitted to the front ARB and eventually tearing them through an impressive display of frustration and man strength (!). Enjoyment of build mainly coming through rose-tinted hind sight at the moment.

So in short; what Willie says...

chris

Yup pretty much exactly as you guys explained! The puzzle of getting the roll bar in round the diff, propshafts, et al was what ended up taking the time in the end anyhow. Quick job all in all.

Re-checked the bag and it looks like the 12" was a misprint since the diameter of the bar and inner diameter of the bush were both 1/2".