Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Some more 2009 race dates.

Merrick Linnett

• 2 weeks later...

Latest info on the series:

Due to the support and enthusiasm shown throughout 2008 by 7 racers, the CSCC committee at the November meeting have agreed to start a fourth CSCC race series which will be new for the 2009 season for 7 type race cars. The new series will be called " 7 Upwards ". CSCC are designing a suitable series logo which will be placed on their web site, with a description of the race series with contact details for any eligibility queries.

The CSCC club membership and race registration for the 2009 season will be opened in December 2008. Those who joined CSCC in 2008 will be sent club membership renewals and series registration forms. For those who are registering for the first time club membership and series registration will be available on the CSCC web site www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk . All contact details are easily found on the web site.

As I have already said the races will be run as a series, in true CSCC tradition of long distance racing, utilising simple rules, cars will be run to BLUE BOOK safety and technical regulations. There will be a simple class structure of four classes as follows:-

CLASS A:- For cars up to 1750 cc naturally aspirated engines.

CLASS B:- For cars from 1760 cc to 1800 cc + bike naturally aspirated engines.

CLASS C:- For cars from 1850 cc naturally aspirated engines.

CLASS I:- For cars that can not be classified in the above classes, who wish to race.

All classes will run on 1 A or 1 B tyres as detailed in the BLUE BOOK.

Costs to register to race for the 7 Upwards race series are as follows, CSCC club membership is £35 for the year, race series registration £ 95 ( CSCC do not charge prospective competitors a registration fee for a one off, look see race ). CSCC will advise race entry fees on each race entry form for each race meeting though the 2009 season. The cost of racing with CSCC in 2008 was very reasonable!

Race length will be 30 or 40 minute races dependent on the race venue, 40 minute races will have a pit stop and can have one or two drivers per car or two cars in a team, ( two car teams will be subject to a one minute time penalty ).

There will be a one minute penalty for the winning cars of the race imposed at the next race, to help other competitors have a chance to have some glory during the season.

The provisional race dates and venues for 2009 are as follows:-

DATE VENUE

January 8 th - 15 th Autosport Show ( Birmingham N E C )

March 13 th - 15 th Race Retro Shoe ( At Stoneleigh Park )

April 4 th - 5 th Snetterton ( 1 X 40 minute race )

April 18 th - 19 th Angelesey ( 2 X 30 minutes, one each day )

May 9 th - 10 th Brands Hatch ( 1 X 40 minute race )

May 24 th - 25 th Mallory Park ( 2 X 30 minute race, one each day )

September 6 th Cadwell Park ( 1 X 40 minute race )

October 17 th - 18 th Snetterton ( 1 X 40 or 2 x 30 minute races which

will be established when the meeting

time table is established )

At each of the meetings above, there will be the opportunity to enter Sports versus Saloon racers at a reduced entry fee which will be shown on the entry for each meeting.

There will be the opportunity to enter Sports versus Saloon races at other CSCC meetings throughout the year as well as a possible invite to the Morgan Sports Car Club meeting at Mallory Park early in July. CSCC will send out entry forms for these meetings to each competitor during the season.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact either CSCC direct or myself.

Regards Peter French.

Tel: 07939 274614.

Getting to the point where I am spoilt for choice.

Speed championship/CSCC/SEMSEC. 🤔

Merrick, as a complete novice (In case of doubt this is Paul Caller here *wavey*) where do you think I should start with the R400 that Steve is trying to finish for me?

You still on for a bit of fun at the Ring? Trailer now acquired and SVA hopefully before the end of the year. 😬

Hi Paul,

try as many series/circuits as you can! SESMEC is a good place to start as the whole set up is very friendly and Merrick and I can show you the ropes.

regards

Nigel

P.S. if you want more info the blatmail me or get my number from Steve

Paul,

joking aside, most club racers are doing it to have fun, not to win at any costs, so most of us go out of our way to avoid contact. Sure, stuff happens, that's racing but not too often! Any queries, give me a call

regards

Nigel

P.S. you aren't going to be quick, are you? :)

Hi Paul,

Good news on your car. I'm always up for the "ring". *thumbup*

It will be good to drive it rather than teaching them to Drift. *confused*

I started at Semsec in a SLR many years ago. My friends were racing there and I found this a great help in my 1st season.

As Nigel said you will have the two of us to help you.

Both clubs give great value racing per £.

I am planning to race at Semsec and enter some of the CSCC events that do not clash. Just waiting untill the the calender is finalised.

Allso depends on me finding a new (propper)job.

Can't keep enjoying myself. *smokin*

See you soon.

Merrick

Edited by - Merrick Linnett on 1 Dec 2008 10:18:36

Hi Merrick,

Don't know if Steve told you but my quiet shake down session at the Nurburg GP circuit turned out to be open practice for the 24 hour ring race. The place was crawling with GT1 cars on maximum attack *eek* *eek* *eek*

The R400 held its head high but I was carping myself

A nice quiet race at Brands or Lydden would be like a sunday drive by comparison!

Do you know anyone with a SLR cage? I think I might feel a bit vunerable with just the FIA bar behind me.

Cheers *wavey*

Steve sold the one that was on the car when it was a C400 😔

In fairness I was setting the car up more for a road based life than a track based one.

I have put a post in wanted but no luck so far. I guess a new one will be an arm and a leg. With the speed championship moving towards these in 2010 I guess the desirability will be going up along with prices *eek*

Nigel, Merrick can probably tell you that I am slow and steady as I don't like to get the car dirty (occupational hazard!) On top of that he taught me everything I know 😬

😳 *redface* *smokin* *smokin*

Gary has a Blue stone chipped CSR cage knocking around. 😳

Could be made to fit *idea*

Only Joking Nigel.

A road sport cage will let you keep the wind sceen and hood.

There are few incidents in Semsec or CSCC.

Just watch out for the Yellow/Blue Caterham 😬 White R500 and the Blue Westf1eld.

They will use more than just the circuit *rolleyes* *rolleyes* *rolleyes*

Merrick

Edited by - Merrick Linnett on 1 Dec 2008 17:29:26

Oi yer blocker........The blue Westfield has had a bit of transformation 🥰

It's been re-incarnated and will appear in yellow and black livery for 2009 *smokin*

PS. All bodywork has been made from sponge *tongue* 😬 😶‍🌫️ *wavey*

18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset to let

Edited by - Pendennis on 1 Dec 2008 20:30:30