Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What grade engine oil..?

AndyPandy

10w/40 semi is the standard oil I believe but you would do better with a 0w/40 fully.

Comma is the best buy for the 0w/40 grade in a Comma container or made by Comma in a halfrauds can.

Mobil 1 0w/40 is about £33 but the same from Castrol called RS with a picture of Ralph Shuemacker on the front is only £28, same spec, same size.

5w/40 F/synth is normaly sold in five litre packs and is around £28 so a good buy but I am not sure who does the 5w/50 aprt from Castrol.

Thanks Dave

I found a stockist after but forgot my handbook and ended up with Synner Z.Should i change this for Synner G even though I haven't touched my engine yet..?

You going out for a spin today...?I dunno yet,it looks like it's gonna p!ss down.

Cheers

teeth.gif Superlight 143 teeth.gif

Andy Pandy,

You the Welsh Andy who tried my HPC last year?

Glad to hear you bought one in the end (you should have bought mine of course!)

(Sorry this not technical)

OAP

God is my co-pilot

OAP,

It might have been me,I tried alot of cars in the end.The best HPC had about 206bhp,went like stink and lived (If I can remember correctly)with a 2CV in a mansion by the sea smile.gif

Does that sound familiar David question.gif

Did you get an SLR after..?

I would have bought yours but I got seduced by McClaren orange sorry..!

Cheers

Andy

teeth.gif Superlight 143 teeth.gif

Andy,

Yes, it was mine , and I still miss it! but it has been replaced with an SLR with roller barrels - registered on 1st June, just getting run in and showing a lot of promise.

13inch wheels and sticky Avons provide an odd sensation - always staying in contact with the road - after the 16inch concrete Michelins - but I guess I'll get used to it in time.

The 2CV still awaits my attention - too many other distractions!

OAP

God is my co-pilot