Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fogging up

Doug phillips

Sound similar to the problem I had with my stack. Stack fixed the problem by drying it out & re-sealing it. I actually returned the unit to Caterham to sort out - with hindsight, it might have been quicker to deal with Stack directly though.

Stack are based on a trading estate in Bicester. Telephone number 01869 240404. We found them extremely helpful when we needed them to sort out a problem last year. It didn't cost anything as the unit was not very old!

I got round to speaking to STACK today, very helpful.

All I have to do is call them up to get a returns No send it off to them, and wait 2 weeks to get it back. And it seems at no charge.

Well done STACK…….

And fullharness (for stack's tel number).

Apparently there was a problem with some of them, that Caterham fitted ????????

It's kind of great....what are you going to do with the car while they have your dash?

My first unit was faulty so I had a loaner while they fixed it under warranty. My current one fogs every now and then. Not much, but I've been told there's no loaner available (no one who knows me mention anything about how long my car's been off the road presently or I am liable to kill you. Literally - especially you Piper, or you Clark).

Edited by - Andy Murphy on 12 Jun 2002 20:37:10

First remove/undo the cable connector - unscrew it. Then remove the two clamps each held in by two 5-6mm nuts. The unit should then be free to be pulled out.

If the scuttle gets in the way you could try removing the two "poppers" in the center schuttle (and the windscreen if fitted).... so that you can flex the scuttle out of the way.

ps - if this is the first time you've had the screen off ..... go for drive.

Doug,

Be warned - I had the same fogging up problem with my Stack. Called them and they were very helpfull. I removed the unit and sent it off to them. Re fitted it 2 weeks later having had it resealed or whatever...

However the problem is no better and the unit still fogs up after a few miles - I've just learnt to live with it.