Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery Replacement

steyning

AFAIK there is no exact replacement from other sources - I had a Varta one that was close but because of proud filler caps (as opposed to the flush ones on the Banner) the hold-down strap had to be replaced.

I have given up and adapted to a AGM sealed battery as I felt the Banner was rather too short lived.

And another vote for the Powervamp. I fitted one 3 weeks ago. You can use padding to make it the same shape as the banner, or I managed to bend the ali bracket in a vice to get it to the correct shape to hold the battery OK.

Do a search. Ed Roller at Powervamp is your man.

Where am I?

Hi Elie - Have you fitted one of those Bosch ones? I got the local motor factors to get a Bosch one (and I think that was the number as it matched up with the number on the Banner I had) and it was perfect dimensionally but the terminals were swapped over.

I fitted a Deta 53030 from my local tyre fitters in 2003, the terminals are reversed but easy to fit longer cable as necessary.

MY BLAT-O-METER

2008: 41 (to 20th June)

2007: 70

2006: 89

2005: 91

2004: 64

2003: 66

2002: 66

2001: 79

2000: 32 (divorce!)

1999: NRA

Well I have certainly started a discussion here! The Bosch would certainly be easier to locate in my area of the country; I have found the Banner battery to not hold charge too well, especially after storage, even with a battery conditioner fitted. Seems odd the terminals are apparently the wrong way round too?

It's a motorcycle battery and weighs like a car battery but mine is (was), just died after about 5 years, a varta here

Very juicy versus the others suggested here, personally I'm not sure of the implication where this battery is 30ah the racing ones are in the 18AH region.

Dimensionally at least it's a straight swap.

Edited by - millsn on 21 Jun 2008 16:51:21