Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive Bulk Buy - Offset Help Please

jeremybu

The bulk buy looks to be concluding but some help may be needed.

Can anyone that has bought wheels in the following sizes (and you can remember)confirm the offsets that you ordered please. *wink*

13x6.5

13x8

13x8.5

And while we're at it 13x7.5 so pretty much the whole range really.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

I have CXRs in 6.5x13, 7x13 and 8.5x13. They are all ET24. This is what Compomotive recommended.

The 8.5x13 fit fine on the rear of my deDion car - just have to be careful with balance weight position and that the aluminium deDion tube end-plate thingy is filed flush with the tube.

I use the 6.5x13 and 7x13 on the front. No issues with the 6.5x13 and 215 CR500s. The 7x13 with 7" Avon slicks needed the wing stays bending slightly to avoid sidewall scrub when cornering.

Superlight7.com

Thanks James and Casbar

here for an offset calculator, courtesy of Darren's post in Feb.

As far as I can tell, the standard 6" wheel has an offset of around ET19. If you want your front wheels to move out on both sides by the same amount, you need to order the same offset as this keeps the mounting face the same distance from the centre line therefore moving each face of the wheel out by the same amount ie 12.5mm per inch added to the overall width.

The rears are more tricky as you may want to shift the outer face of the wheel further out than the inner moves in (maybe to ensure that you clear the rear suspension). I think you need to measure the clearance you want at the rear, and then use the calculator to work out the offset.

Searching Blatchat shows previous buyers have had:

6" ET19

7" (for rears) ET24

James's all ET24.

There is an opinion that ET24 on an 8" plus may be more than you need and that ET18 ish would give better clearance.

edited to include thanks to Casbar

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

Edited by - jeremybu on 8 May 2008 17:30:46

I calculated the following:

2 No 13 x 6.5" : Zero offset

2 No 13 x 8.0" : ET15 [or 15mm positive offset = inset wheel!]

My 8" wheel calc would seem to be OK but I'm not sure about the 6.5" *confused*

I've measured both a 13" and 14" and they are both as good as ET20.

I've measured the clearance I think I would need on a DeDion SV and I think that I would order the following.

Front 6" ET20, 7" ET10

Rear 7" ET18, 7.5" ET20,8" ET24, 8.5" ET24. Saying that, there looks to be sufficient clearance to run ET20 on every size apart from the possible need to bend the front stays if I had that on a 7" front.

Antinod, I think you have to bear in mind that you already have an offset of around 20, so if you go for zero, you will move the inner face OUT by 2cm which I imagine is too much.

Edited by - jeremybu on 8 May 2008 18:34:42