Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Fog light Not working!!

johnpbransfield

Although my car is a bit older (1996) my rear fog stopped working and it seemed to be the switch. As I was fiddling with the switch with the rear fog lights turned on the fuse blew. I believe there was a problem with the connectors on the switch itself. I ended up cleaning up the connectors on the old switch and all seems OK. Didn't need the replacement switch! If the switches aren't used very often they seem to seize up!

the cable comes from the loom near the rear light cluster, fuel tank sender side IIRC. The cable goes between fuel tank protection (if fitted) and the lower bit of tubing, I had a *very* slight rear-end bump (racing accident) that was just enough to shatter the foglight lens, then on replacement it showed the symptoms you've got.

The cable had nipped between the honeycomb tank protection and the chassis tube, shorting to earth.

switch everything off and measure the resistance to earth of the live wire at the foglight housing- bet there's a short to earth.

If this is the problem, bung a bit of washer hose over the cable to prevent reccurence...

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B